WELCOME IN CoBL CLAN

Chinese start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chinese start

Post  Olof on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:26 pm

How does one play Chinese with 6 villages but with no food at start? Here are some tips from our good Xrovos:

1. Buy Loom in Town Center.

2. Gather food as fast as possible with all 6 villagers. Here is suggestion on how to do that:

If you don't find your sheep at start but find forage bush, send 5 villagers (or 6) to pick up 1 round of bush and drop at TC (without milling bush). This will allow you to produce the next villager quickly. If you find sheep at start, put the vils on sheep.
This quote is from a post in AoK Heaven forum.

2. When the first villager is created set him to build a house (since you start with 10 in pop you want be needing a house until now).

If you have more tips about this civilization don't hesitate to write it down here.

Last edited by COBL_Olof on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 6 times in total
Olof
Admin

View user profile http://www.wretchedradio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chinese start

Post  patriot on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:07 pm

in Chinese you make 1 house press loom and put 6 in sheep and in around 1:10 you drop food in town and make next vil, new vil put in shep too, Chinese is 7 on sheep (eat sheep's in midle of town to have space for all 7 vils) rest of game is same like other civ
patriot
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Patriot. I think the trick is that you don't have to build a house in start. You can wait until you get your first villagers created for that. This way you have all 6 villagers to use for gathering food instead of 5.
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha_ on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:42 pm

I never knew what to do with many villagers at the beginning of the game ...
Now it's clear!
Thanks!
Alpha_
Clan member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xrovos on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:28 pm

We have discussed this issue with friends on our forum some time ago and we have find out another one tip. Lets say you you play some land map (the most frequented case is arabia) so you start like Olof wrote it down. Then cut first sheep(6 vills under TC) the next vill build house and then join the group under TC(7 vills on sheep under TC). But now you can play another trick. You build mill instead of lumber and add another about 4 vills on berries(now with the mill on the contrary of start). This means you doesn't gather wood at all.
Then lure boar and let 8 vills work together on him. You don't need farms, you just need add about 2 vills to wood(single trees around TC!!) to insure that you will have enough wood for house when you need to build it.
When you have already lured the second boar and you have about 16 pop you start adding more vills to trees around TC and if when you have 100 wood build lumber.
The point of this trick is that you will gather more food in shorter time and you can hit the feudal button earlier with lower pop. (if you had found your berries immediately at the start and your start was perfect, your pop can be +2 compared with your enemy).

To sum it up
If you start with berries, then cut sheep and then with next vills build up mill instead of lumber you can up very early to feudal having pop like 21(compared with 19 or 20 of your enemy's pop. I would say that the most useful strategy with this is a an early strong scout rush.
Xrovos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fata7tah on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 am

very good work xorovs i like ur start.
fata7tah
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7Th_Heaven on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:45 am

wow thts a gud 1 xorovs Wink
7Th_Heaven
Clan member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Interesting strategy Xrovos. With a bit training this strategy and micro management it might show Chinese to be a good scout rush civilization.

Here is a recorded game of me trying to follow this build order (with slow speed), you can download it here.

I didn't manage to get a perfect feudal rush (since I lacked wood for building barrack and stable), but I think it's one of my better tries with this strategy.

EDIT: Here is a recorded game where I do a scout rush with the Chinese in normal speed. This time I didn't build a second lumber camp, which enabled me to build a barrack and stable a little faster.

EDIT: You can also watch a pretty decent Chinese start in a recorded game here on the forum were Mandara fights against someone called Airbus who plays Chinese.
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  _CyZ_Claire on Tue May 18, 2010 4:10 am

http://www.lclan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26137

_kyo vs L_Clan_Chris, u can watch both experts how to use chinese on arabia
_CyZ_Claire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof on Tue May 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks. Hm though I can't find a way to download it. It says I havn't got the permissions to download it, so I tried signing up on forum. But still it says something about an error in permissions.
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  patriot on Tue May 18, 2010 2:29 pm

you must sign up in L Clan forum to download, yea good Chinese play from them, almost same like xrovos say,
patriot
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof on Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Yea I did sign up, but still encountered problem. But I found an another recorded game among the expert games on game zone of a person who plays the Chinese. You can find it here.

This Jordan has a nice start with about 2 villagers ahead of his opponent. He sets early 7 villagers on sheeps and keeps it that way a long time. Then he set 4 villagers on wood (like many FC [fast castle] tactics) and go for boars and later deers. Around pop 25 to 30 he sets some villagers on stone and only two on gold. With this he reach castle around 16:30 which I think is quite nice for Chinese.

One thing I don't understand about Jordan's start is his bad counter of the opponents monk and mangonels CRush (Castle Rush). I think he does right not to send his Chu Ku Nu´s on the monks, but surely why does he not make mangonels himself? Mangonels would easily take on other mangonels and monks - I think.

Later on in game Jordan forwards with his grand army of Cho Ko Nu´s and battle rams, with some light cavalry. I often think that Chinese lack a good combo in imperial, but I think I have to change my opinion. Those Cho Ko Nu´s with some skirmishers are quite nice - especially since the first unit have such a fast and intense fire that no ram or melee units can really counter them for what I know.
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  _CyZ_Claire on Tue May 18, 2010 4:39 pm

mangonel is bad decision vs monk

jordan is vs japan civ.. jap has redemption (=monks convert buildings also siege units) and mangonel is easiest to convert becasue it is slow.

chinese shine in imperial
they arent best rushing civ, but very good castle/imp civ.
cheap economy upgrade makes them boom faster then other civ.
while chukonu is sux unit in castle age, in imperial with full upgrade they are unstopable

so if u get chinese, doing imperial war is best decision (but not vs celt or goth!), vs celt or goth u should try finish game in caslte age
_CyZ_Claire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof on Tue May 18, 2010 6:02 pm

jordan is vs japan civ.. jap has redemption (=monks convert buildings also siege units) and mangonel is easiest to convert becasue it is slow.
Ah yeah, true. Monk and mangonel seem to be effective combo in early castle. How would you have countered such combo in early castle?

EDIT: I just read on this page that Light Cavalry gets +10 AT against monks and higher conversion resistance - so I guess Jordan did the right thing after all.

so if u get chinese, doing imperial war is best decision (but not vs celt or goth!),
Goths I can understand since their fully upgraded elite huskarls have 8+2 in pierce armor. But celts? Because of their paladins and heavy scorpions?

Last edited by CoBL_Olof on Tue May 18, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  patriot on Tue May 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Celts because of siege onager (work 20% faster) and 1+ range
patriot
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _CyZ_Claire on Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 am

[quote="CoBL_Olof"]
jordan is vs japan civ.. jap has redemption (=monks
Ah yeah, true. Monk and mangonel seem to be effective combo in early castle. How would you have countered such combo in early castle?

try mini boom and then full light cavalrie

or

make Atonement upgrade and convert his monks and use redemption to defend vs mangonel

or

prevent him from pushing monastery and siege with making 5xbow,u can also protect urself from castle push and defend relics to quickly collect them yourself
_CyZ_Claire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top